Terms and Conditions of Sale and General Information for Online Purchases from Starlight Corporate Services Limited.
1. CARD PAYMENTS. If you pay by card, the payment will be made to Starlight Corporate Services Limited, and processed securely by Google Checkout or PayPal. There are no additional charges made by us for the use of a card. Our normal procedure is to charge your card on receipt of the order. If a delay is likely on your item, then we will agree this with you before charging your card.. We have a number of security methods in place to prevent online fraud, including address verification. Every transaction we process is subject to address verification, if the address you supply does not appear to match the cardholder statement address the payment may be declined.
2. CHEQUE PAYMENTS. If you prefer, payment may be by cheque drawn on a UK bank, please telephone to place your order and send a cheque, made payable to Starlight Corporate Services Limited, 17 Albemarle Road, Bournemouth BH3 7LZ. We normally allow 5 working days for your cheque to clear before despatching any goods.
3. DELIVERY. We currently utilise a number of different services for delivering your goods, including Royal Mail postal and parcel services, DHL, TNT Express and Interlink. All items are insured for purposes of delivery. Please check your package when it is received, and if it is damaged in any way you must mark DAMAGED on the delivery receipt before signing for the goods. If you do not have time to check the package, the delivery company will assume your package(s) have been delivered in good condition, you will be asked to sign alongside the phrase 'Received in Good Condition' and in signing you are confirming this. If possible, you should always check packages before signing for them. If you are unable to check, cross out received in good condition, and write 'Possibly Damaged'. If you notice damage after you have signed for an item you should contact us immediately so that we can query with the courier. Any damages or shortages must be notified to us within 3 working days.
4. CARRIAGE COST. The online shop calculates a carriage cost based on the items you have selected. The cost covers packing and handling costs as well as carriage.
5. CARRIAGE METHOD. Occasionally we may change the carriage method you have selected if for some reason the method is unavailable (in the case of postal strikes,etc), or if we can provide a better service for the same price. We would not normally contact you to inform you of the change.
6. UK DELIVERY TIME. The delivery times are specified in working days from despatch date, not placement of order. For purposes of deliveries, working days are Monday to Friday inclusive. There are numerous factors beyond out control which can delay delivery (vehicle breakdowns, road traffic accidents, industral action, unusually high volumes of packages, driver illness).
7.UK DELIVERY - RECIPIENT UNAVAILABLE. If you are not in when the courier attempts to deliver your item, they will leave a card with details of how to contact them for re-delivery, or on how to collect your item. Tthere is normally only one delivery attempt.. Please make sure you contact the courier company within 2 working days. After 3 working days the package will automatically be returned to us. We incur a handling charge of £15.00, for which you will be liable. If you require your package sending out again we will charge you this £15.00 in addition to a second delivery charge. If at this time you choose to cancel your order, you will be liable for the original delivery cost, and the £15.00 handling charge.
8. RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS . Starlight Corporate Services Limited complies with the distance selling regulations with regard to online sales from the "Custom Diaries" website. The right to cancel allows the consumer time to examine the goods or services, as they would have when buying in a shop. The cooling off period starts when the contract is concluded and ends 7 working days after the day the goods are received (for services, 7 working days after the order is made). This means you have 7 seven days to check the product is the correct product for your needs, that the appearance of the product matches your expectations, and it does not differ significantly from how it is portrayed online or in a printed catalogue. You can examine the goods as if you were in a shop. Carriage and packing charges are not refundable.
Purchases made as a business user are excluded from the distance selling regulations. However in the interest of customer service, we will normally extend your rights as a business user to allow you to return goods as per the distance selling regulations, but we will assess each case on an individual basis.
If you wish to return an item, you should contact us to specify this, and if possible obtain a return number so that we can identify the item quickly and easily. Any goods returned must be clearly identified who they are from, otherwise we will be unable to process the return. Goods must be returned to us in A1 condition, A1 representing BRAND NEW, SEALED, IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING exactly as they were supplied to you. Unsealing the goods, damaging the packaging, or any other action which causes the goods to be returned to us in any lesser condition may result in us being unable to accept them back. When sending goods back, a good rule of thumb to consider is if you would accept the goods yourself as brand new if you received them in the condition you are sending them back. If you wouldn’t accept them, would you realistically accept somebody else to accept them as new? You could think of it as picking up an item off a shelf in a shop, taking a good look, deciding not to buy, and putting it back on the shelf for the next customer.
9. WARRANTY. A refund will only be issued once the faulty goods have been returned to us. We will arrange for it to be replaced and returned to you at our cost, subject to stock availability, or provide a full refund. We will not normally refund or exchange goods that are more than 14 days old.
10. EMAIL ADDRESS. Please use your ISP (internet service provider) email address for placing orders. Online Email services such as Hotmail, Yahoo, etc are not ideal for placing online orders, since they are easy to obtain and often used by people trying to hide their identity. Additional security checks are required for this type of email address to prevent online fraud, which may result in your order being delayed.
11. PRICE We do our best to ensure prices on our website are correct, however it is possible for mistakes to be made. Therefore we reserve the right not to accept an order placed on our website if we discover an error has been made with the advertised price, or any error relating to the contents of a package offered at a specific price (e.g. we advertise a package contains 10 items, when it should only contain 5.
12. ONLINE ORDERING All online orders are processed at our discretion. We also reserve the right not to process an order without having to give reason. Allowing you to place an order, or reserve goods on our website does not at any time constitute an acceptance of the order by us.